T-Shirt Graphic Artist - Freelance Position
We are seeking a freelance T-Shirt Graphic Artist with an Earth focused design style to create T-Shirt designs for our apparel. Drawing upon your passion to help improve humanity's role on the planet, you will translate stewardship, compassion, and sustainability concepts into strong and compelling artwork. You will research, trend shop, and work closely with our director to develop new and fresh ideas and techniques for conveying our message to the world. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the process of creating, testing, and executing collateral from design to production.
EarthCitizen is a startup company that is focused on growing a stewardship culture and empowering wise ideas for sustainable living and happiness. We have a commitment to producing media content and products that are high quality, eco friendly, and produced under fair trade agreements. EarthCitizen thrives on creating compelling art and products that inspire people to be stewards of this planet and our happiness. We rely on vendor support that matches our enthusiasm to help the planet: to create various products, assist with customer service, and generate marketing material. We seek self motivated, enthusiastic, and positive people who wish to make the world a better place. Ask yourself: Are you ready to make a positive impact in the world?
- BA or FA in Graphic Design with a minimum of 2 years experience with T-Shirt design
- Ability to work with multiple vendors and companies to create products
- Thorough knowledge of apparel graphics production (e.g. silk screen graphic production, sublimation, apparel graphic techniques, print on demand, etc.)
- Must have strong artistic ability, including drawing skills, sense of image and type, with an excellent taste for design and color
- Extensive experience using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Previous experience in fast-paced, creative, and dynamic environment
- Organized, documents well, and communicates clearly with team.
- Conceptual and brainstorming skills required
- Good understanding and use of English
- HTML basic knowledge
- Self Empowered, with integrity and good moral character
- Create graphic concepts, sketches, and designs for T-Shirts
- Research and create design concepts that are trend setters in a global market
- Prepare final files for our partners and vendors based upon their specific set-up requirements, ensuring quality, and accuracy
- Review and approve proofs for overall quality, clarity, content, design intent, and color
- Create mockups, upload images on website, and on print sites
- Update projects on Asana and other documents
- Add media to website, social media sites, etc.
Applicants who have the following are preferred:
- Experience in creating eco/social friendly branded apparel and print materials.
- Experience in active wear or travel industry.
- Knowledge in existing sustainable apparel companies, blogs, etc.
- Experience in marketing travel and outdoor apparel and blogs.
- Extensive HTML coding experience
- Shopify experience
* Terms of service: 3 months minimum commitment with possibility for longer term work
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and link to portfolio of artwork/designs to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the names and contact information of two character references (people not related to you).