Marketing and Social Media Specialist - Freelance Position
We are seeking a freelance Marketing and Social Media expert that has experience in managing global marketing and social media campaigns in the field of eco friendly apparel and/or environmental/social improvement programs. The role will require the individual to develop and manage all of EarthCitizen’s marketing campaigns, customer service, and social media sites. You will need to be capable of developing and implementing marketing strategies and campaigns; managing multiple projects and vendors; writing excellent blog & social media content; collaborating with graphic and merchandise designers; modifying pictures and other media content; and monitoring the success of the marketing campaigns.
EarthCitizen is a startup company that is focused on growing a stewardship culture and empowering wise ideas for sustainable living and happiness. We have a commitment to producing media content and products that are high quality, eco friendly, and produced under fair trade agreements. EarthCitizen thrives on creating compelling art and products that inspire people to be stewards of this planet and our happiness. We rely on vendor support that matches our enthusiasm to help the planet: to create various products, assist with customer service, and generate marketing material. We seek self motivated, enthusiastic, and positive people who wish to make the world a better place. Ask yourself: Are you ready to make a positive impact in the world?
- BA in business, advertising, communications, marketing or related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Experience in creating and managing eco/social friendly marketing campaigns
- Experience in marketing apparel and blogs in various forums (i.e. social media, etc.)
- Previous experience in fast-paced, creative, and dynamic environment
- Organized, documents well, and communicates clearly with team.
- Ability to work with multiple vendors and companies
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop experience
- Conceptual and brainstorming skills required
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience in customer service
- Basic HTML Knowledge
- High attention to details
- Sociable, acts with integrity and with good moral character
- Meet marketing goals for # of subscribers, merchandise sales, etc.
- Develop and grow marketing network and sales channels.
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns.
- Write blog posts and social media content.
- Manage customer service and social media presence.
- Update projects on Asana and other documents
- Add media to website, social media sites, etc.
- Manage product orders and inventory
- Create and send email campaigns
- Optimize web content for SEO strategies
- Update social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Manage the development and launch of display advertisements.
Applicants who have the following are preferred:
- Experience in eco/social friendly branded apparel sales.
- Experience in active wear or travel industry.
- Knowledge in existing sustainable apparel companies, blogs, etc.
- Managing and hosting T-Shirt or Video contests.
- Extensive HTML coding experience
- Experience in making videos.
- Graphic design experience.
- Shopify experience.
Terms of Service: 3 months minimum commitment with possibility for longer term work.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include the names and contact information of two character references (people not related to you).